Altro BIM Components
We have invested in BIM components as a means of constantly providing you with up-to-date, accurate information. Our BIM components contain intelligent information which will serve as a valuable resource, designed to save you time searching for technical data, sample cards and colors etc, while also answering questions such as "How many square feet of this type of flooring are required?"
To enable you to start adding value to your projects straight away, Altro BIM components are available for use in BIM now.
Revit components for Altro flooring, Altro Whiterock wall cladding are available FREE OF CHARGE from Bimstore. Simply click on the appropriate download below to start using them. As a first time user, you will need to register with Bimstore so that we can make sure you always have the most up-to-date version. Bimstore will share your data with us, but rest assured, it will not be passed on to third parties.
What is BIM?
BIM is a process which enables you to create and manage 3D digital representations of a facility.
The resulting building information modeling provides you with a single, current and fully interactive 3D model and detailed information not only on the facilities functions but also its physical properties. It becomes a collaborative resource which can support decision-making from initial concept and design, through the construction phase and the subsequent life of the building. Each party involved in its design and construction can interact with it, but the BIM model remains the one true and approved version of the project.
The BIM model also serves as a database to assist in the production of detailed schedules and listings of the components and quantities in any project.
What are the benefits of BIM?
- It provides a single 3D model, with one central version of the true project, however complex
- It is a mechanism to enable change control. More design options may be explored early in the design process and changes may be made even late in the project with much greater ease, having anticipated and resolved any issues
- It facilitates cost and schedule control through software and technology efficiency
- It enables room planning so that all fixtures, fittings and equipment are product/color referenced and can be viewed individually in "real life" form, with all corresponding detail and from different angles, to allow more control over the placement of joints etc
- It provides greater, up-front analysis of building information and design for all those involved in the project's design and construction, including providing accessible information for all stakeholders
- All BIM information comes from a single, up-to-date and co-ordinated model/database. For example, if you change a window in one place, that change is replicated everywhere that window appears
- BIM can be developed to provide information about on-going maintenance and energy use etc
Why does BIM matter?
With more and more BIM components being offered, it is expected that 84% of clients in North America will use BIM, up from 59% 2 years.